✍🏻 A Self-Publishing Platform Review
I am always on Medium and Steemit. So I am excited to have found another platform where writers get paid for publishing articles. Publish0x is like a mix of the two. What I found unique about Publish0x though is that they consider themselves to be a “crypto agnostic publishing platform”, where both authors and readers are rewarded. It is the only self-publishing platform I have ever seen where you don’t have to be an author to earn. You can earn just by reading. That kind of blew my mind. 😲
Anyways, the process I went through to get approved to be a writer was pretty easy. I only had to answer a couple questions, include a link to my Steemit/Medium blog, and I got approved overnight. Since then I have been cross publishing all my Steemit/Medium articles on there!
Tipping (upvote, liking) is free. All the tips come from a rewards pool of BNTY tokens (an ERC-20 token) provided by Publish0x.
The tipping function allows you to choose how much of it you want to give to the author and how much of it you want to give to yourself for reading the article, like a curation tip. You can adjust the scale for each post to dole out the tip percentage anywhere from 80/20 author/yourself all the way to the complete opposite, 80/20 yourself/author.
I’ve never seen a system like this, where the reader can make more than the writer? But after giving it some thought, it makes sense. Readers are just as important as the authors. If no one reads the writer’s article it is worthless. Readers are just as valuable as authors. This platform assigns equal value to both.
You can only tip once every 10 minutes and the same author once every 24 hours, so no shenanigans. 🤪
- Writers and readers earn.
- Free, no paywall unlike Medium.
- Getting paid in crypto. 💰
- Live pop up in-browser notifications of users tipping each other, including when someone tips you. (It’s good now as the community is still growing but it might be too much when there are more users.)
- Fast and light interface.
- No bots 🚫🤖unlike Steemit so all the content and comments are real people!
- The Publish0x editor let you resize your images in the editor itself so you don’t end up with giant images in your article.
- Can’t see how many followers I have or if I even have followers?
- If I don’t have the browser open and miss the live notifications of the tips, the platform doesn’t display any kind of past history of who tipped me or if someone replies to my comment.
- Search function doesn’t work well at all.
- No mobile app yet.
Overall, the platform is great to use. I am happy to be have another avenue to earn on my article as well as to have found another writers’ community. Publish0x is still in beta, it will be interesting to see how it develops.